Is your kitchen looking a bit tatty and in need of an update? Maybe it needs replacing, but you’re worried about the cost? The good news is you don’t have to replace your kitchen cabinets. As long as they are in reasonable condition, simply order a new set of doors and attach them to your existing units.
Can you put new cabinet doors on old cabinets?
Yes, and it’s really easy to do! Your cabinets are likely to last a lot longer than other elements in your kitchen such as worktops, appliances and tiling. So when it’s time for a refresh, you can hang on to your cabinets and simply swap out your scruffy doors for our affordable replacements.
Our doors are compatible with kitchens from all of the leading manufacturers such as IKEA, B&Q, Howdens, Wickes and Wren. Even if your particular style or colour has been discontinued, you’ll be able to find a replacement at Kitchen Door Workshop.
You can even re-use your existing hinges for the new doors. Just make sure you give us the measurements of the hinge holes when you place your order.
How long do kitchen cabinets typically last?
The average lifespan of a kitchen cabinet is 25 years. As long as your carcasses aren’t showing obvious signs of damage, you can hang onto them and simply replace the doors.
|Kitchen manufacturer||Warranty length|
*Please refer to manufacturer warranty information
What’s likely to cause damage to your kitchen cabinets?
- Exposure to excess water and steam
- Heat damage from a faulty oven or hob
- Overloading causing cabinets to bend and warp
Our 5 top tips to make your kitchen cabinets last longer
- Reduce potential water damage by ensuring your kitchen cabinets don’t get too wet. Always wipe them with a dry cloth after cleaning. Make sure you repair leaking pipes as soon as possible.
- Keep steam to a minimum whenever possible. Try to avoid placing your kettle and toaster under a wall unit, for example.
- Avoid heat damage from nearby appliances by ensuring your oven and hob are in full working order.
- Don’t overload your cabinets. Place heavier items lower down to reduce unnecessary load.
Why replace just your kitchen doors rather than the whole kitchen?
- You can save £££s on the cost of a new kitchen by simply replacing the doors. Take a look at our wide range of affordable kitchen doors
- It’s quick and easy to do. Just follow our DIY video guides and replace the doors yourself without having to pay a tradesman.
- Be kind to the planet. If your cabinets are still in good nick, why get rid of them? It’s better for the environment to upcycle them and reduce waste.
Our made-to-measure, high quality kitchen doors come in a wide range of colours and styles. To help with colour matching, you can order a sample door for just £15.99. Or we can send you up to 3 colour swatches completely FREE.